Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Wimp Returns

For those of you who actually follow my blog you know that back in the fall I called my blog the diary of a wimp. During those days I would blog about the struggles of trying to get into shape and my accomplishments. Well I am here to say that after two months away form the gym (because of hip surgery) the wimp is returning.

I went to the gym today for the second day in a row. I had little motivation going except for the fact that I pay $33 a month and I am tired of looking the way I do. Although most people would be satisfied if they were in my shoes, I'm not. I have been overweight most of my life and feel like now that I can do something about it I should.

So update on the wimp:

Yesterday I biked, ran, and walked a total of 7 miles. Not 7 miles for each but 7 total. Today I biked, ran, and walked a total of 8 miles. I am going to try and run more because there are a few races I want to enter within the next few months; most notably the Wildcat Big Blue Wave Run/Walk. Last year I finished in the top 10 overall and second from my school. My goal is top 5 and first from my school. The race will occur on August 20th and is open to the public. So all you readers of my blog (if any) that want to run along side or in front of me come join me.

I will update you more of the wimp status and the fact that in less than two months I will probably be a daddy. I am a little scared about that.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

You will be a fabulous daddy!

Sarah said...

You will be a great daddy!
I'm envious of your motivation to work out - Chuck and I keep trying to develop a workout schedule, but it never works out for very long!

Good luck in the Wildcat Run! I'll be cheering you on...from Amarillo! :)

Sarah said...

There is no probably a about it sucker..you will definitely be a daddy in 2 months!