As 2009 is about to be over I was thinking about how wimpy I have been in 2009 and better yet, how wimpy I have been before 2009. When I started 2009 I weighed 212 pounds. Although not the most I have ever weighed in my life...it was up there. Truth be told, I weighed 220 for senior year and first few years of college. The crazy thing about those weights is at that point and time in my life I didn't think I looked all that bad. In high school I wore 2XL shirts and thought its was okay because two of my friends were in the same boat. Now at the end of 2009, with only 4 days left I wear a medium. When I started 2009 my large shirts were showing off my figure (I was stretching them), now some clothes that I really liked during those days I have to get rid of because I cannot walk around with a straight pin in the back of my shirt.
I am already tired of reading my rambling so I am going to end this by putting three of my most prized accomplishments during 2009:
--As of right now I have lost 28 pounds this year. My goal is to be at 180 so I am a few pounds away from that.
--I need new pants. The 34s I own are way to big. Even wearing a belt on the last hole isn't working well.
--I ran a 5K in December. I ran it in 26 minutes and 52 seconds. By far the fastest I have ever ran it. I will proabably run the St. Patty's day run and the hot to trot run in 2010. I will probably also run the Jingle Bun again. Crazy to think that just a year ago you would have never caught me running a mile, much less 3.2 of them.

This was taken last Christmas (2008).

Notice a difference??
Well I need 2 pounds in 4 days to make 30 for the year...wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment