So today was the big 5K that I have actually been training for for about 4 months. I have seriously been training since about mid-October and today was finally the day. When I woke up this morning it was a nice, crisp 40 degrees and drizzling. The weather conditions didn't change before or during the race, but that didn't stop me. When it comes to exercising I have been one of those people who has an excuse for everything and somehow everything hurts at the right minute. Well since Casey and I have been working out I have lost that part of me, much to my likings! So back to the race, we get there and so many people were all dressed like real runner and I had my wind pants and a hoodie. Some runner I am. Turns out I shedded both the hoodie and wind pants and ran in shorts and a long sleeve shirt, I was COLD!
So they said on your mark, get set, go and I was off. I was feeling pretty good since I was at the front of the crowd when the race started. Well the guy that I have been running with for the past two months ran off an left me pretty quick. Casey torn the 5K up, 25 minutes and 30 seconds. So all through the race I kept thinking of excuses on why I wanted to stop, but I never did. When I turned the corner to come to the finish line I noticed the clock said 26 minutes. I was like your kidding me, 26 minutes. I cannot run this entire thing in under 29 minutes recently. So when I noticed the clock I also noticed the sign that said 3 miles. That meant I had .2 of a mile to go and I would be done. I can normally finish a .1 in a minute. Well I finished those .2 in only 52 seconds and finish my first ever 5K in 26 minutes and 52 seconds. I was pumped!! I will post pictures later. My amazing wife stood out in the cold and took pictures of me crossing the finish line.
Other things that are happening in my life include school only has one more week. This is exciting and makes me look forward to Monday. So Monday should and WILL BE a good day!!!
Also I will be jumping out of another plane on Friday. My dad and best friend from Montana are jumping with me. Some really good friends from college are coming to spend the night with us this weekend, which excites me and Michelle except we have to clean up the guest bedroom before they get here. And finally I think I have come to the decision that I will be (if there is an opening-which I heard there will be) going to teach high school next year. I will be speaking to one of the principals after Christmas and hope that all goes well. I will keep you posted.
Well I have to get ready to go to the Sunday School Christmas party. Its an ornament exchange and I have most spectacular ornament. It is a huge 1000 bill....amazing! I might steal it back tonight just cause its....amazing!!!
Over and out...
No comments:
Post a Comment