I have no idea how I came up with the title of the post, it really has nothing to do with anything I am about to type.
So it has been almost a week since I last wrote and that post was just a short biography about me. Sorry my life is not more interesting... Since I last wrote, here are the exciting things that brought joy to my life!!!
First the Rangers-Stros game was awesome. We sat in the nose bleeds, but any seat is a great seat when you are watching the Rangers. The Rangers won, of course! There were 3 Rangers homeruns. Michelle and I (as well as Matt and Casey) walked around the entire ballpark before the game, a first for me. Minute Maid is quite an interesting ballpark to say the least. While on our journey around the park we took two great pictures (still waiting on those...) which I will post as soon as I get them.
Other news, we played two softball games Friday night. We won the first one (only our third win all year) and tied the second one. We haven't played that well all year long. I am continuing my slump at the plate though. I had a stretch this year where I couldn't get out, seriously no matter where I hit it I would always end up on base. Now in 7 at bats on Friday I was on base once, seriously once. You are suppose to hit during slow pitch softball. Hopefully on Friday, our last game, I will break out of my slump and hit well. We are playing the "TX Stunnas" that is honestly their name. They are in first place but if we win we will knock them out of first place...I love playing the spoiler.
Lastly, we close on our house on Thursday. It is kind of surreal. I am excited, but know I will not move into the house until mid to late June. We have lots of updating to do. Not that the house is in bad shape, we just get the stimulus money and want to increase the value of our home. We just went out and brought a fridge yesterday since they were on sale. It gets delivered mid-June. So bring all your food over and stuff my fridge! Just kidding!!
Ok, really lastly...the TISD staff recognition banquet will be Thursday as well. I am kind of excited about it, especially since they are serving desserts from Ye Ol English Bakery. Now that is good eating!!
I leave you with a GRE word. There are over 300 I must know before I take the test in the summer. So my goal is to update every day with a new GRE word, so you can be as smart as me by summer. So your first word is aberrant. It means to not follow the normal or correct way, abnormal. This is a great word to start off with because I am aberrant.
1 comment:
hey I got those pictures, i need a place to send them to
Post a Comment