Sunday, April 5, 2009

It has been forever. . .

Or so it seems. It was a wild and crazy week last week. Every day it seemed like we had something to take care of and this week seems to be the same kind of week.

Last Monday, Michelle and I went and stuffed Easter Egg's at church. Our church had an Easter egg hunt with 3,000 eggs. It was a great night stuffing eggs and talking to some of my church peeps. Just seeing them on Sunday's isn't enough time. I also got to talk to one of the craziest guys I know right now. His name is Casey and he cracks me up. While stuffing Easter eggs he decided to put a salt packet in one of the Easter egg's. This is just one of the things he did that made me laugh. Today was the hunt, I wonder who got the salt packet and.....what did they think when they open an Easter egg, expecting candy, and got a salt packet. Makes me laugh just thinking about it.

Tuesday was a busy day also. Michelle and I went with the teacher of our Sunday School class to the Hope Pregnancy Banquet. We aren't pregnant, but our Sunday School class raised a lot of money for the Hope Pregnancy Center and they invited us to come. It was a good banquet, long but good. The keynote speaker was quite good. He was quite motivating, and eye opening. If I could sum up his speech in one sentence, Guys, don't leave your child!

Wednesday and Friday were softball games. We lost them both too. I played well at the plate going 4-5 over those two games. Too bad I made an error during the Wednesday night game. It cost our team 2 runs, and we lost by . . . . 5 runs. After my error we kind of spiralled out of control. Opps!

This week!!!
Softball game on Monday and Wednesday. Hopefully I play well in the field and at the plate. Tuesday is the math TAKS test for my eighth grader. I HOPE they take their time and do well. Wednesday is also the Easter Pageant at UMHB. Michelle and I will be going to the 5:30 showing, hope to see you there! Friday I am getting two of my wisdom teeth pulled out. This is my last week of being smart because after Friday, I will have no wisdom teeth.


ALSO VERY IMPORTANT!!!
Opening day for the Rangers happens Monday and I won't be in attendance. I am quite upset about it since I finally actually have enough money to go to opening day. Because the TAKS test this week I am not able to get off. STINK!!!! Oh well, I have a friend going and hopefully he enjoys it!


I leave you with a clip of the email I received from a parent. It made my day tonight once I read it.

"In all the years my children have been in the Temple Independent School District I have never had a teacher put so much effort into communicating with the parents. You sir are a spark of inspiration in an otherwise sea of mediocrity."

No comments: