Thursday, April 29, 2010

Every day is an adventure...and job update!

So every day at TSA is an adventure but today I have a great story to tell.

At lunch today, (I had to eat with my kids today because of the TAKS test) somehow we got on the topic that Michelle was pregnant. (All of my class was finished with the test so TEA it was okay that we were talking). One of my kids said, "Mr. Thornal, I can't believe you about to be a daddy." I respond back with, "why do you think I am to young to have a kid?" He said, "well maybe." Then I asked him how old he was and his mom was. We then found out his mom was 18 when she had him. After figuring this out he quickly recanted his statement and decided I was plenty old enough to have a kid. After he said that another kid said, "So how old was my mom when she had me." They are eighth graders and this is too hard of a math problem so I figured out for him, he was born when him mom was 16. (This is actually not uncommon at our school) After figuring out his mom and dad were so young when he was born he said, (BEST PART OF MY DAY) "I'm going home and getting on my daddy. He told me I couldn't have sex when I was young and he did it."

Every day is an adventure, some just more than others.



JOB UPDATE-

I'm a finalist!!!! More soon!

No comments: