Sunday, November 1, 2009

The wimp gets beat up

So tonight (Sunday night) is suppose to be our mile and half run and then max out on bench and the other machines. Well I thought that was what we were suppose to do. I found out tonight my trusty accountability partner has visions on beating me up! Yeah, he beat me up tonight. Casey said we are going to do an 8 minute mile. I thought your crazy, maybe even out of your mind. When I started just less than a month ago I was running my mile around 11 minutes. I thought I was really moving too...Well tonight like I said Casey tried to kill me. It didn't work though because I got a mile and a quarter in just over 10 minutes. Do the math, 8 minute mile. He has visions of doing another 8 minute mile tomorrow...we shall see.

So after getting messed up we moved to the bench. My goal is to be benching 200 by January 1. Now that is a pretty demanding goal considering I only got up 155 last week. That is an increase of 5 pounds a week for 9 weeks (exactly the number of weeks until January 1--I just said that, I hope it's right). We I got the first part of my goal accomplished tonight, 5 pounds this week. I can now bench 160, only 70 pounds lighter than Casey. He's a beast compared to me. No compared to me he is a wholly mammoth, but comparing to me isn't a wise choice.

Lastly, I discovered tonight I have upper ab muscles. No kidding, I discovered them while working out on an "arm" machine. So every once in a while I have a 2 pack. I have never heard anyone say they were proud of their 2 pack, but I am yelling it loud and clear for everyone to hear. Two is here, four is coming!!

Hasta la viesta...

No comments: