So Friday I had a MRI and found out I had a tumor in my femur and today I had a CT scan to ensure that is hasn't spread to my lungs. They believe I have a giant-celled tumor and if I have that tumor the first place it will spread is to my lungs. That is why I had the CT scan. Well the CT scan was actually anti-climatic because I know nothing new from it. The appointment was schedule for 4:40 and I did not leave the hospital until about 6:30 no joke. I honestly thought people left at 5:00. Any way they called me back rather quickly which excited me because I was hoping to get it done fast enough to have a doctor see the results today. Well that didn't happen because no doctor is still at the hospital at 6:30 and if they are they should be home with their family. So back to my story...once I got called back they started an IV, which was the first IV I had ever had. The nurse calmed my nerves and it was over and done with before I knew it. The only problem is the IV was in my elbow region (where you normally give blood). This scared me, ALOT!!! I refused to bend my arm even though the lady said it was perfectly fine to bend it (Funny thing is I wouldn't bend it until about 8:00). So after the IV the nurse told me I had to drink a drink with I later find out is "contrast," at least I think that is what she said. I was still freaking out about the IV. She told me the drink tasted like Sunny D or Tang. I don't believe that lady anymore. It was awful and she made me drink about 20 ounces of the stuff. I finally drank the whole thing and still had to wait forever. I finally got called back after complaining enough and the CT scan was quick, easy, and painless. The lady put something into the IV during the scan which she told me I would feel hot because of. I was quite confused about this feeling and wondered about it the whole time. I am still wondering because I never felt the hot feeling. She told me afterwards that about 10% of the people don't feel the hot feeling. I was finally lucky and got spared something since luck is not on my side right now.
Well that was my day, my appointment tomorrow with the tumor specialist is at 3:30 so hopefully I will be able to post before 9 at night. I know some people are keeping up with my status on here so I will continue to post stuff on here as long as I can.
I have the surgery on Friday, but don't know a time yet. Will keep you posted on that also.
Over and out!
1 comment:
If you or Michelle need anything at all don't hesitate to call. I hope your appt tomorrow goes well.
Post a Comment