So today I was feeling really blah (to say the least) heading to work today. I have had a real hard time getting motivated to go to work because of all the stress it is bringing on me right now. Like LOADS of stress. Anyway I got to school this morning and went out to "See ya at the Pole." I bet it is actually see you not see ya but you get the point. So I was headed out there and somehow I showed up late even though I showed up 5 minutes before I told the kids to get there. Well when I got out there I saw something that was truly amazing, at least to me. There were about 15 students (all girls for some reason) standing around the flag pole and praying. I was like wait for me and by the time I got over there they were actually wrapping things up. At least Mr. Maybin (the other FCA leader) got there earlier than I did. So long story short about 15 people from our school were participating in "see ya at the pole."
Our youth minister from IBC was also in attendance which was much appreciated. I asked him on such short notice and like the champ he is, he came through. Casey, appreciate it man!
Later in the day the stress began to wear on me and one of my students even said, "Mr. Thornal, you look rough, like you need some sleep." I did not realize I was wearing my emotion on my shelve so I had to change things. I made lemonade out of lemons!! After my student said that I was like, no longer will I look down in class, so I played some music for the students to listen to why they worked. Needless to say we argued about every song that came on but I was acting my usual stupid self and making up dances for each of the songs. Gave my kids a laugh and me too.
Then tonight I got all the stuff I need for the next two days. You don't know how much of a relief this is. Now tomorrow I can walk in and relax knowing everything is taken care of for the next two days.
I do love my job but lately I haven't liked it. Hopefully tomorrow I will be in good spirits and so will my students and we will have a great day being weathermen (thats our lesson for the next two days).
Lastly my American Eagle package came in today. For those of you who really know me, know that I get pretty happy when I get new clothes. Check out the two shirts I ordered off of ae.com:
http://www.ae.com/web/browse/product.jsp?catId=cat90068&productId=prod4890304
http://www.ae.com/web/browse/product.jsp?catId=cat90070&productId=prod4880510
Will let you know how things are moving along after this week!
No comments:
Post a Comment